Extend your weekend stay at Tea Tree Hollow and receive 50% off for the third night! Offer includes weekends during school holidays but excludes public holidays. Just confirm your booking for 2 nights and then message us so we can discount the 3rd night. Terms and Conditions and Booking Fees apply.
As part of their sustainable practices, from 1st December 2021 the owners pledge that every guest who stays at Tea Tree Hollow will have a tree planted on their behalf on the property.
In just two hours from Sydney and 90 minutes from Canberra, you can be sharing this 40-acre secluded unspoilt property with kangaroos, goannas, wombats, echidnas and hundreds of birds, including red wattle birds, white-throated treecreepers, buff-rump thornbills, satin bowerbirds and wedge-tailed eagles.
By achieving Nature Tourism Certification, we are leading the way in terms of sustainable practices, giving you an authentic and high-quality nature-based holiday experiences, much needed after months of lockdown.
Staying at Tea Tre Hollow is about reconnecting with nature and its importance to your wellbeing. Designed to sooth your senses, it is an ideal unplugged destination for families couples and friends.
Our compact house offers you a stylish and comfortable interior with emphasis on hand-made furniture from locally sourced and recycled materials, solar power, a well-equipped kitchen, wood heater and air conditioning.
With no Wi-Fi, here is your opportunity to digital detox. Explore our property. Follow the animal paths which will lead you to our Japanese Zen garden, hidden in the bush. Stretch out on the outdoor yoga deck. Cook pizzas in the hand-made pizza oven. Take a long soak in the outdoor bathtub with a lovely view of the varied landscape. Relax on our comfortable outdoor pallet lounge. At the end of the day, watch the night sky put on a star performance.
No matter how long you stay, our sustainable practices ensures you will be leaving a small foot-print.
**The property features: **
• Our eco credentials have been verified with being awarded Nature Tourism Certification by Ecotourism Australia.
• Solar power. Gas for cooking and instant hot water. Rainwater stored in large tank and filtered.
• Covered veranda with comfortable pallet lounge and expansive view of the bush and kangaroos grazing at dawn.
• Large outdoor cooking/eating area with dining table seating eight. BBQ and
hand-crafted pizza oven.
• No urban lights and no overlooking neighbouring houses.
• Purpose built outdoor yoga deck fits six comfortably.
• Outdoor clawfoot bathtub with hot/cold running water.
• 40 sq. metre Japanese Zen raked stone garden.
• Labyrinth set in tea tree shrubbery. Pathways made by animals with a little help from us.
• Garden of Curiosities, displaying unusually shaped natural wood sculptures and land art.
• Firepit and seating.
• Large flat expanse for playing ball games. Cricket set, basketball, football etc. provided.
• Short trails and forest walks to be enjoyed without leaving the property.
• Medieval spiral herb garden to spice up your food.
• Fully equipped kitchen with pots/pans, pizza trays, and enough plates/cutlery
for three course meals. Dishwasher, Nespresso coffee machine, microwave and basic pantry items.
• Whole range of eco-products used.
• Slow combustion wood heater. Plenty of wood.
• Queen size beds and bunks hand-crafted from recycled timber.
• Electric blankets on all beds.
• 1 TV (Foxtel only), DVD monitor in master bedrooms. DVDs, movies, board games, books.
• Laundry with washing machine, laundry powder, iron, ironing board.
• Air conditioning in open plan living area.
• Water misting system to cool down outdoor veranda.
• 3-system bins: general, mixed recycling and food waste. Compostable liners provided.
• Land telephone line for your use.
• Secluded. Designed to sooth your senses. No other houses on the property.
• Following green best practices in products and maintenance, disturbance of the natural landscape has been minimised. Environmental initiatives are ongoing.
• Bedroom 1: queen, ceiling fan, en suite
• Bedroom 2, queen, ceiling fan
• Bedroom 3: double
• Bedroom 4: bunk bed (sleeps 2 singles)
• 18 km and 20 minutes to Historic Marulan, offering three antique shops. (pop. 1,382) established in 1868.
• 18 km and 20 minutes to Canyonleigh General Store
• 34 km and 35 minutes to Goulburn restaurants and the Big Merino
• 35 km and 25 minutes to Cherry Tree Hill Wines at Sutton Forest
• 45 km and 40 minutes to historic village of Berrima, established 1830
• 47 km and 45 minutes to Bungonia National Park
• 47 km and 45 mins to Bowral, largest town and shopping centre in the Highlands
• 90 km and 1 hour 40 mins to Wombeyan Caves
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay. For the comfort of our guests all beds have quilts with full covers, we do not triple sheet.
**Property Specific Notes:**
Pets are NOT welcome at this property.
This property does NOT have internet access or Wi-fi.
To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks/under 21yrs groups and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
Payment for the booking warrants you and all guests staying will abide by the Code of Conduct for Short Term Rental Accommodation which can be viewed under the Guest Information tab on our website or a link which will be sent to you in your booking confirmation email.
This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
A spring-fed stream winds through the property. An unfenced dam is situated behind a hill, about 180 metres from the house. Please ensure small children are actively supervised keep watch and keep them within arms reach.
Use the bridge when crossing the stream. Sometimes the stream dries up in parts, but the ground can still be wet and slippery. Its a good rule for everyone to walk, not run, near the stream or dam.
Use caution around kangaroos and other wild animals no matter how docile and sweet they appear. Eastern grey kangaroos can grow as large as 2.3 metres from head to tail, and weigh up to 95 kilograms.
Information on local flora and fauna can be found in a folder in the house.
Terms and conditions apply for this property and payment warrants your agreement and that of all other guests staying at the property with you.
The guest limits apply at all times during the booking. Any extra guests (this includes day visitors) above those that have been booked and paid for must be approved in writing prior to the stay. Only the guests staying at the property are permitted to be present. If you wish to have visitors in addition to booked guests, you must advise us in writing prior to your stay and ensure you receive written permission. This is not possible at all properties.
If you or any other guest receives a warning regarding excess noise or excess guests, you may be asked to leave the property IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
This property is approved for accommodation only. No mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. Under no circumstances are the following activities permitted at any of our properties: motorbikes, dirt bikes, quad bikes, use of firearms or air rifles, fireworks.
Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message.
Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7.
For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
If we had more properties in our management portfolio we could easily get them booked. Demand is high and supply just can’t keep up. Please send us a message or call us if you would like to know more about the packages we offer for bookings and property management.
Amazing property, perfect for a group with lots of privacy.
Ben, August 2020.
We had a group of 8-adults, staying for 3-nights. Even though it rained for most of our stay, we found Tea Tree Hollow a great place to relax and getaway from the everyday. The house was very clean throughout. We found a number of thoughtful touches ranging from a huge amount of firewood to a variety of useful kitchen utensils and pantry-items. Instant hot water was a bonus! Good water pressure and decent-sized showers. The property was easy to walk around to enjoy the art and beautiful surrounds. Pizza oven was a plus that we used. Checking-in instructions were easy to follow and accurate. There is no wifi and phone signal is all-but non-existent (there is a land-line phone). All-in-all, we would highly recommend Tea Tree Hollow and look forward to our next stay there.
Andrew, August 2020
Our family stayed at Tea Tree Hollow for 3 nights and it wasn't nearly enough! The home felt warm and cosy and my husband and kids enjoyed maintaining the fires both inside and out. I've never stayed in accommodation so well equipped with everything we needed. Even things we didn't know we needed, like an extension cord! The large property makes for a wonderful adventure playground for kids and adults, with a number of beautiful locations for family photographs. We can't wait to stay again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet escape from a busy life.
Alison, July 2020
Immaculate facilities and amazing location, would absolutely stay again!
Josh, July 2020
A wonderful tranquil getaway. The perfect place to switch off and unwind. The place had everything we needed, with all the amenities and small touches thought of. Would highly recommend anyone to stay and will definitely consider going back for another stay.
Danny, June 2020
Great place to stay with extended family, loved the pizza oven and the fire pit.
Alison, June 2020
Jesus, May 2020
Great property for a relaxing weekend away from the city!
Sue, February 2020
The perfect spot to completely switch off. A group of 8 adults went for 6 nights. Whilst it was extremely hot, the tip for the local swimming hole was very much appreciated. So relaxing, a perfect way to spend the New Years week in peace.
Samantha, January 2019
Tea Tree Hollow is a unique and very special location. The house was comfortable, well thought out, and had everything you need and more. There were some great spaces for a group to relax whether it was around the huge couch inside by the fireplace, the other huge couch outside on the deck, or by the firepit, or around the big table next to the BBQ and pizza oven. Great spaces to relax, unwind and mingle with friends and family. The property was quite large, but it was made to feel larger and was a joy for the kids (and adults) to explore as there were some special locations dotted around that you could look for and enjoy, and even a map to help you find them. I should add that this property had to be the cleanest I have EVER stayed at, and weve stayed at countless places - everything was just scrubbed clean like it had never been used from the kitchen and bathrooms all the way to the fireplace and firepit outside. I wouldnt hesitate to go back. An absolute pleasure to stay at. Thank you.
Mark, November 2018
The home was perfect for 3 sets of adults & 1 child. Beautifully designed and thoughtfully furnished. Lovely linen and a fully kitted kitchen. The house takes full advantage of all the natural beauty of its surroundings. Loved the outdoor kitchen and the pizza oven was a treat. Thank you for letting us share your space! Plenty to do, if required, and plenty of spaces to chill out and relax. No reception is a bonus. Dont forget the Marshmallows for the fire!
Gaelen, November 2018
Awesome view where you can enjoy the nature. The wild life at night, sun set, full moon ..
Muffaqus, October 2018
Lovely property, fantastic wood fire oven, comfy beds. We would stay again.